Saturday, December 14, 2013

Nov. 28 thru Dec. 7th, 2013

Geese, I apologize but my last post stayed in never-never land and didn't post.  The internet connection was waffling and it must have never gone out. 

So, we did go to Kate and Shawn's for Thanksgiving and got to meet their new addition "Ridley."  He's an Australian Shepard and will bring years of fun and enjoyment to their family, I'm sure.


As always it was great to see everyone again and we even got to bake an apple pie together.  Had a whole bunch of great food and lots to be THANKFUL for, as we weren't even sure if we would be able to go to Florida this year.

Funny thing, we left the next day and went to a nearby mall for some walking around and to have lunch at one of our favorite taco places "Moe's."  As we went thru the line and I went to pay the $14.82, the clerk said a gentleman left $10 to be applied to our bill.  I said "You sure about it going to us?"  She said, "Yup, the man said for the gentleman in the cap."  Homer had a plaid dapper Ivy-type cap on that is like none other that we've seen down here (see pic above).  We're ASSUMING it was a random act of kindness/pay it forward type of thing.  How neat, unless we looked old and destitute and he felt sorry for us.  She said the man that paid had a sweatshirt with a hood and there was nobody around dressed like that??? It's one of those things we'll always remember.

Then we headed to Aunt Marie's (and hit some terrible rain en route) and spent a glorious few days by her.  She feels like a mother to me and I'm always amazed at how well she does for 94.  Heck, she's like Homer -- keeps you on the move and she's mentally very sharp.  I hope to be that healthy and alert at that age.




Also, Homer's watch quit on the way down (just a battery thing).  Uncle Norm always used to tell him to take his watch off when he got to Fl, and to relax a little (Homer sleeps with his watch on).  Well, a few years back during Norm's funeral, Homer's watch quit.  Now it quit again. Hmmmmmm, coincidence?

On Dec. 4th, we finally got to our rental.  It's twice as big as last year and in pristine condition.   Weather has been fantastic since we got here, low 80's, and so far one quick rainstorm.  We're digging around the kitchen trying to find various utensils and get familiarized with things.  Trust me, I'm not complaining, we are BLESSED to be here.

Went garage sale-ing yesterday and today, along with the giant flea market to stock up on misc. junk that you just can't live without.  I saw something along the road yesterday at a distance and my girlfriend Glenna and I couldn't imagine what it was.  Ha, it was a pot bellied pig!  At the garage sale I mentioned to the young man that there was a wandering pig down the road.  He wasn't concerned, he knew who it belonged to and said the pig was a "traffic smart pig."  So there ya go, the pig is probably more traffic smart than a lot of the people down here.




It's pretty sad that I put more pic's of a pig on the blog than I do of family (you can see those on Shutterfly).  Also, Homer and I saw a Key Deer yesterday, again with one horn (or is it half rack?) but I didn't get close enough for a picture.

Here's a Dropbox link to pictures so far: 
 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ffamca0g3w53bav/IpCfl2-aPk

I probably won't update this blog again til closer to the holidays and seeing I'm not doing Christmas Cards any more -- HAVE a SAFE and HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!

Love, Kath & Homer

No comments:

Post a Comment