Sunday, November 18, 2012

St. Marks Wildlife Refuge - Sat. The 17th

(For whatever reason, this posted a day late, it was actually the 17th that I submitted. I think cell range was low when I sent it )

Hi of 63 today but sunny. Checked out the Wildlufe Refuge (free with Fed. Parks Senior Pass). They had special Christmas Celebration and an eagle program/rescue speaker. Learned a lot. Heaviest nest ever was 2 tons!

Saw mamma alligator with about 15 babies, one on her back. My cell won't take good water shots, too far away. Homer used telephoto. Will put on Shutterfly later.

Monarchs are migrating! Also saw thousands of little one-armed crabs scurrying about but they were camera shy.

So far at campground we can't find anyone to pay. Bathroom is scary, faces the back towards hiway and woods. Sure enough, I get out of the shower & a gal comes in with her Rottweiler as I peek behind the curtain. Oh well, he didn't react. Price is right (so far) so I can't complain.

Remember, pics don't post in any order.

No comments:

Post a Comment